- Hard Water is high in calcium and magnesium, and causes lime scale deposits in the water pipes, water heater and on fixtures. This scale can cause premature failure of water using appliances.
- Hard water also causes you to use excessive amounts of soaps, detergents, shampoos and other cleaning agents.
- Hard water is also hard on your skin and hair, causing excessive dryness, itching and rashes.
- We have several systems to soften the water and eliminate these problems in your home.
- Iron causes orange/red/brown stains and streaks on fixtures, tubs and toilets.
- Iron can turn white clothes yellow or leave rust spots after laundry.
- Iron can make the water smell and taste bad.
- Iron can clog pipes with scale and a soft, orange algae-like material that is a byproduct of iron-reducing bacteria.
- Southeast Texas Water has several options for reducing the iron in your water.
Hydrogen Sulfide Gas (H2S)
- Hydrogen sulfide gas (H2S) sometimes referred to as “sulfur” or “rotten-egg” odor gives off an unpleasant odor to your water. In high enough concentrations, H2S can cause an explosion.
- We have hundreds of Customers in Southeast Texas for whom we have solved this problem.
- An acid pH (below 7.0) can cause corrosion of metal pipes and fixtures.
- Tell-tale bluish-green stains are a sign of corrosion of copper pipe, and an indication of a low pH.
- We can solve this problem.
- Silica sand can cause abrasive problems with your water-using appliances.
- Southeast Texas Water can eliminate the sand from your home.
- Cloudy water can be caused by colloidal suspensions.
- We have filter systems to clear up your water.
High Chlorine Content
- Municipal water supplies as well as MUD districts are required by state law to chlorinate their water supply to ensure potability.
- When chlorine levels are high, the water has an objectionable taste and odor
- Some people can experience skin problems due to a hyper-sensitivity to chlorine.
- We can recommend the correct filter to help you.
- Many areas along the Gulf Coast have salty water. Some of these wells have so much salt, that they are practically undrinkable.
- We have the technology to make this water drinkable.
Bad Tasting Water
- Taste is subjective and can be affected by numerous contaminants in water.
- Whatever the cause of your bad-tasting water, we have a system that will make your water taste great.