The production of bottled water is regulated by the federal government through the US Food and Drug Administration, by the State of Texas through the Texas Department of State Health Services, and by third party regulatory agencies such as the International Bottled Water Association.
Producing bottled water is a lot harder than it looks!
Our Culligan drinking water must meet the stringent standards for quality and safety as prescribed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA regulates bottled water products under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. These standards establish limits for microbiological, physical, chemical and radiological substances for both source water and bottled water products, which we must prove annually using a certified laboratory. We go through multiple, closely monitored processing steps to ensure every container meets or exceeds our high quality standards.
All bottled water products must comply with the FDA’s Quality Standards listed in Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR) which includes:
- Standards of identity regulations to define different types of bottled water
- Standards of quality regulations that establish allowable levels of chemical, physical, microbial and radiological contaminants
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations for processing and bottling
- Labeling regulations
State Bottled Water Standards
The State of Texas bottled water regulations generally covers:
- Setting quality standards
- Laboratory certification
- Plant inspections
- Issuing bottling plant permits
- Approving water sources
- Reviewing bottled water product labeling
Bottled Water Industry Standards
The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) maintains a strict Bottled Water Code of Practice for its members. Southeast Texas Water Conditioning Inc is an IBWA member and meets or exceeds their quality requirements by complying with the following standards:
- Annual inspections by third-party auditors
- Adherence to the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Program
- Audits to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and industry bottled water quality regulatory standards
Water Quality Reports
Our bottled water quality is analyzed on an annual basis as required by a certified laboratory. This analysis includes a bottled drinking water quality test for inorganics, organics and radiological substances as well as other physical parameters.View our Drinking Water Quality Analysis Report
Call today and sign up for our bottled water delivery service!